Love Sports? Driven by Success?
We’re looking for staff who want more than a “job”, individuals who want to be part of a staff team and strong organization, and who are able to contribute to further grow the sports and entertainment success story at the Langley Events Centre.
Specifically, we’re looking for dynamic individuals who consider themselves sports fanatics, with an uncanny ability of keeping intricate details in order, partners and guests happy, and inspiring the staff team. We are looking for the right people. Talented, experienced people with low ego that want to work. And who to them the work isn’t really work, it’s fun. So we’d like you to tell us what you can do as part of the staff group to contribute to the further success of the LEC.
There are some specific areas for which the right individuals can make an immediate impact:
- Senior Management and Administration
- Client Services (ticket sales and sponsorship)
- Event Management (spectator based)
- Event Planning and Execution (basketball focused)
- Facility Scheduling and Planning
And there are some general areas for which we’re always looking for great individuals:
- Video Production
- Facility Operations
- Customer Service
- Financial Management
- Information Technology
- Food and Beverage
- Traffic and Parking Control
- Sales and Marketing
- Human Resources
- Game Day Operations (including in-game hosts, statisticians, announcers, p/a, ushers, etc.)
- Community Relations
As we said, we’re continually looking for the right people to add to the staff team.
It might seem strange that we put “demands” in a post such as this. But then again, we’re looking for unique people. And we don’t want to waste your time if it’s not going to be a good fit. So here’s the list:
- First, we ask for and expect the best effort out of everyone we work with.
You must love sports – all sports – entertainment and events.
- You must have an overabundance of energy, and be willing to work evenings and weekends. The LEC is a sports and entertainment, event driven, facility. Some hours are long and hard, we work so others can play.
- You must take pride in and enjoy the results of a successful staff group, the teams that play here, the events that take place here, and the positive feedback from our partners and guests.
- You realize that working in the sports industry is a lifestyle, not a job. Your coworkers are your teammates, when you win, you win together.
- You need to be flexible and willing to take on whatever job presents itself. No one is stuck in a written job description, everyone is expected to pitch in whenever something is needed.
- You need to be organized. You should work well with processes and procedures that get results. Developing and managing systems in the course of constant change and movement will be important.
You want to bring your own skill set to work with a dynamic group of unique personalities. We are here to complement one another and work together.
- You want to learn and you look for opportunities for personal and professional growth, we’ll provide the opportunities for you to do so.
You have the ability to communicate well via verbal, written, and in-person methods. Strong people skills are a must have.
- This job isn’t about entitlement. If you expect something for just showing up, this won’t be a good fit.
- Did we mention, you must love sports?
If you’re our sort of person, keep reading, we want you to join our team. If not, no worries, there’s plenty of other companies happy with mediocrity.
How to Apply
Simply send an email firstname.lastname@example.org containing at a minimum the following three things:
- A brief letter explaining why you are the kind of person we’re looking for, and what areas you think you can assist and succeed in.
- An up-to-date copy of your resume/CV, highlighting applicable skills and experience.
- How much you’d like to get paid in return for bringing your excellent skills and abilities to the LEC.
Beyond those three items, don’t hesitate to include something to make yourself stand out, you can decide what that might be. And, because details are important to us, here’s a tiny test... When you email your materials - in the very first line of your letter - include “I’m a Sports Fanatic” (quotations optional).
Lastly, thanks very much for your interest in the Langley Events Centre. If you’re interested in the facility, some background information can be found here.
Hope to receive your email soon!